Earlier this month, my talented friend and fellow WordPress blogger nominated me for the Liebster Award. Annika Perry is a gifted writer, and I urge my readers to visit her site:
I think you will enjoy her entries and find her absolutely fascinating. I know I have. Enjoy.
Today’s blog entry will have a different format. I wish to thank Annika Perry who has kindly nominated me for a Liebster Award. She provided me with the details of the award. So now to the first part of the task; namely, answering the 11 questions Annika posed.
1) Why did you start your blog?
When I published my book, A Past Worth Telling, in 2014, I began blogging and using social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter. Since the book is a poetic memoir, I use themes in it and from my past when I blog as a means to connect with others of similar interests.
2) How do you deal with a setback at work/rejection letter, etc.?
While sometimes annoyed, I continue trying. Nothing ventured; nothing gained.
3) How do you celebrate a success?
A quiet celebration at home or a nice meal out in a favorite restaurant. I will also share my happiness with others.
4) What’s the one crazy activity/thing you wish you’d tried but never dared?
I am stumped with this one since I normally will try most anything. I guess I would have to say skydiving because of the risk involved.
5) Which of your posts has got the most views? Can you post a link to it?
The Diva Bag at https://drniemczura.wordpress.com/2016/01/09/the-diva-bag/
Dad and I at https://drniemczura.wordpress.com/2014/10/11/dad-and-i/
A Letter of Gratitude to a Stranger at https://drniemczura.wordpress.com/?s=letter+of+gratitude+to+a+stranger
The Adagio of my Life at https://drniemczura.wordpress.com/2015/08/22/the-adagio-of-my-life/
Meandering in Nature at https://drniemczura.wordpress.com/2015/09/19/meandering-in-nature/
and my page about the author at https://drniemczura.wordpress.com/about-the-author/
6) If you could go anywhere in the world, where would that be?
Besides around the world, I would go to Europe, Scandinavia, Finland, Australia, New Zealand and the Southwest U.S.
7) What advice would you give your younger self?
Be kind to others, work hard and stay organized with good time management skills.
8) What is one of your most embarrassing moments?
Walking into a class of 30+ students and speaking only German. I looked up to some very puzzled looks which at first didn’t bother me. Finally one brave soul raised her hand to inform me that this was a class of Spanish students. Every quarter, the university changed our classrooms, and I obviously had walked into the wrong room.
9) What’s your favourite drink? Alcoholic or non-alcoholic.
Espresso or pomegranate juice
10) If you could travel into the past, which era would you go to and why?
Probably the early 1800s to meet my ancestors.
11) What is your most favourite (clean) joke?
It’s an elephant joke. Why do elephants paint their toenails red? I don’t know. Answer: So they can hide in cherry trees. Have you ever seen an elephant in a cherry tree? No, I haven’t. Answer: See, it works.
Next up are 11 random facts about myself:
I almost majored in music in college (piano).
Sometimes I am trilingual but most days just bilingual with German and English. French sometimes. I have 5 degrees in German.
I started working at age 11 doing babysitting and tending neighbors’ yards while they went on vacation.
I am mainly a morning person but since retirement, this has changed somewhat.
I was the church organist from age 13-18 and played daily at 6:30 AM, three times on Sundays and for all the weddings and funerals.
I love to walk in nature and especially loved growing up in rural Western Massachusetts.
I am a sewing artist as well as author.
I won the Colorado Grand Champion in Food Preparation in 4-H.
I was the second runner-up in the Colorado Junior Miss contest.
At heart, I am a creative spirit who likes thinking outside the box.
I love Colorado and graduated college in Boulder at the U. of Colorado
The next 11 are my nominations for the Liebster Award. There are so many, many eligible ones out there so my apologies in advance if I have not nominated you. In my book, however, you are all winners. Some of you have posted being award free on your sites. I still want you to have your deserved place in the spotlight.
1) Sally who blogs from Costa Rica at http://rosedevi.blogspot.com/ Currently she features beautiful photos and lives in Costa Rica
2) Joe who is a critical care nurse instructor nonpareil and has lived and taught in Nepal. A blog link is at
https://joeniemczura.wordpress.com/author/joesar/ and https://joeniemczura.wordpress.com/
3)BunKaryudo whose sense of humor will have you laughing at https://bunkaryudo.wordpress.com/
4)Edward Roads writes two wonderful, intricate sentences which will send you to the dictionary at times at http://mytwosentences.com/
5) JoHanna Massey at http://johannamassey.com/ Lovely photos accompany her blog.
6) Anna writes as Annas Art with bold colors in many pictures at https://fargaregardsanna.wordpress.com/category/blogging/
7) Elyse Reine writes a beautiful blog with many images at https://elysereine.wordpress.com/about/
8) Annett writes amazing facts about Germany at Learn German Coach at https://learngermancoach.wordpress.com/
9) Bette A. Stevens, a Maine author inspired by nature can be found at http://4writersandreaders.com/
10) Etta D writes to motivate and does just that at https://simplyettad.wordpress.com/welcome-to-my-piece-of-the-web/
11) Stuart Perkins writes a fascinating blog called Storyshucker at https://storyshucker.wordpress.com/
The following questions are for all my nominees. You can simply reblog my entry to link with everyone and then answer these questions on your own blog. Here are my 11 questions to my nominees.
1) What are you hobbies?
2) If you had a million dollars or equivalent in another currency, what would you do with it?
3) If you had three wishes, what would they be?
4) What invention do you find most useful in your life?
5) What are your favorite travel destinations and why?
6) How would you describe yourself in three words?
7) What or who is most important in your life?
8) What do you value in a friend?
9) Do prefer to work alone or with others, given the choice.
10) What is your favorite kind of music and why?
11) What is your favorite food and why?
To my Liebster Award Nominees:
If you wish to participate further in the Liebster awards, here are the “rules.”
1) Thank the blogger who nominate you and link to their blog.
2) Nominate 11 other bloggers to Liebster Awards 2016
3) Answer the 11 question from the blogger who nominated you.
4)Tell your readers 11 random facts about yourself.
5)Give your candidates 11 questions to answer on their blog.